- Sitting with a three-year-old who is singing "Jingle Bells" on a crowded train full of tired grumpy adults, and watching all their miserable faces start to brighten.
- Minding your own business at your computer until you hear that same three-year-old call from the bathroom, "Katie, I'm going poo-poo too!" And hollering back, "Good job!"
- Receiving a mysterious special delivery--with no sign of its sender--from a freezing but cheery old postman on a bicycle.
- A Christmas count-down paper chain sent to you by your sister and full of masterfully-selected Christmas quotes.
- Stonehenge at solstice time.
- Matt's Christmas morning gift of a full-blown Riverdance in dangerously short running shorts (no, he does not know how to Irish dance).
- Ringing in the new year with ten bazillion streamers and party poppers, creating a joyous and wonderful mess beyond anything before created in this flat.