The Kenilworth Agricultural Show Had Synchronized Dancing Tractors I Am Not Kidding.





















There were also a number of parades that were absolutely a riot!  There was a Victorian carriage parade, a cow parade, a hunting dog parade, an antique farm equipment parade... not to mention the racing terriers and horse jumping competition.  Among arts and crafts the cake baking was obviously the most competitive, with tons of entries.  I like imagining that some old ladies have been carrying on some kind of raspberry sponge cake rivalry for fifty years.  (Also "Peppermint Cremes" had their own category at the faire.  Who knew?)  We loved watching the alpaca judging - it was just like on Best in Show--so much anticipation and drama!  The whole day was a delightful stroll through the agricultural, small-town side of Kenilworth.  And the synchronized dancing tractors were seriously impressive.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Well...I've been tossing around the idea of trying to get a job somewhere over there, most likely England, when I'm done with my masters. We'll see though...there's also a school that I am interested in, but have not looked that much into their PhD programs. It'd be fun though and nice to live in Europe. Looks like you guys are having so much fun over there!! How's everything else? I work with Camille (former Anderson...Jamie's ex-sister in law)...we talk about you all the time :) I haven't seen you in ages!!

Olivia Meikle said...

Man, this is all so much better than any fair/festival we have around here. Jealous, jealous, jealous.